With all of the advancements in modern information technology, it’s no wonder that many of us spend extended periods of time at computers on a daily basis. Whether you are working at home or in your office, ergonomics plays a vital role in the way you feel after working at your computer all day. Ergonomics is a science that creates designs to promote safety, comfort, and optimum human interaction with IT equipment, enabling workers to avoid strain injuries. Today, our IT service in Asheville would like to show you how you can set up a very comfortable, yet safe, work environment.
Make Ergonomics Go To Work For You:
- The top of your monitor should be at or just below eye level and an arm’s length away.
- Sitting in one position for a long time is not healthy. Remember to take breaks where you can walk around and stretch a little, and shift your position as often as possible. (Our Asheville IT service techs do this frequently.)
- When you are sitting at your computer, use good posture, keeping your shoulders relaxed, back straight, and feet flat on the ground.
- Use seating that is well padded and has a lumbar support, which will help you to avoid lower back pain. The back of your office chair should have a 120-degree inclination, and the front of the seat should not be touching the back of your knees.
- Always try to keep your hands straight with a minimal bend in your wrists. The more you can rest your wrists while typing, the more relaxed you will find your entire body.
Increase Productivity & Comfort In The Workplace:
Not only will the use of ergonomics promote a safe and comfortable work environment, but it will also increase productivity in the workplace. When people are seated comfortably at their desks, and they are following the principles of ergonomics, they are able to work quickly and efficiently. At our IT service in Asheville, we know the importance of productivity in the workplace, and we hope these tips will help you create a better work environment. At Image Solutions, we also offer a variety of printers, copiers, computers, and network storage that will help you to further increase productivity at work and at home.
Get The Best In IT Service & Solutions:
12 National Avenue
Fletcher, NC 28732